Thursday, August 6, 2009

Don't be too Hasty, Wings Nation

A lot of negative chatter over at A2Y already. I say hold your horses, take a deep breath, and think about this for a second:

So Hossa gets 40 goals for $7.4 Mil, if BOTH Eaves and Williams play up to their potential, we could keep those 40 goals at a fraction of the cost.
Now all we need is Leino and Filppula to pick up some slack for Samuelsson and Hudler. You can bet your bottom dollar that Zetterberg AND Franzen will have bigger numbers this year than they did last year. Datsyuk might finally reach that elusive 100 points if he stays with Z all year.
This is going to be just fine.

"Soft!" The opposition will cry. "The Red Wings are soft!" Well, our enforcer will once again be our power-play. I have a sneaking suspicion that this regular season's success will depend greatly on the combined strengths/weaknesses of special teams.

Anyone seen Jason Williams play the point on the power-play recently? Admittedly, I have not. Maybe, just maybe he's improved from what we saw during his first tenure with Detroit.

Try and stay positive. Don't second guess Kenny. Don't you freakin' do it.

4 comments:

  1. I would think big E would be on the point nowadays if he is going to one day take over Nick's spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody playing for the Red Wings gets a chance with me. I didn't like Williams when he left, but he's got a clean slate now. I only ask of him what I ask of everybody else on the Wings, work your friggin ass off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, he can't be worst on the point than before...

    It's sad to see Eaevs on the 4th line, I was looking forward to see the Che Guevara line.

    And I don't think he'll cry again; now he knows what happens if he does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I somewhat agree with Chris, big E will see lots of ice this year after coming in and performing the way he did at the end of last year. But as for taking over Sammy's point position on the powerplay, I am not sure of.
    I think Williams will regain that spot with Sammy moving to Canada. For some reason, the wings really like having a heavy right handed shot coming from the point with Kronwall on the other side.
    I think he will fit in well with the wings just like he did when he had the winged wheel last time! Go wings

    ReplyDelete