Friday, August 21, 2009

Red Wings are Predictable

Another obscure Red Wings find....

"In golf you can be a Tiger Woods and not make the British Open," she said. "It's not a predictable game. You can be the Detroit Red Wings and know in pre-season you're going to come out on top, or at least be pretty close." ---Chris Critelli, the acting athletic director at Brock University.

The whole article in The Standard is about the 52 year old and how she is improving her golf game, but I'm never willing to let an ego stroking quote like that slip through the cracks, no matter how irrelevant or unreliable the source may be.

Fact of the matter is, this 52 year old former basketball coach at Brock University just proved she knows more about how the NHL works than most of the people at THN, who love predicting the downfall of the Wings. When was the last time THN picked the Wings to win it all? I don't know because I'm sick of reading their crap and I'm not going to give them the time of day to find out. My guess would be last year, when they lost.

Anyway, news is probably going to be slow again today, but keep checking in. I'll make up news if I have too...

1 comment: